Tomorrow night, Matt and I head off to Coonabarabran, and meet up with our fellow travellers from last year's epic Top End Adventure, David and Brenda, along with Meredith and Ian. A lot has happened since we returned home last year, but our appetite for more outback adventures has only grown.
Since our return, I decided to go ahead and have another treatment trial for my rare auto immune disease. It was not a decision I took lightly, as it involved chemotherapy. So this trip is my reward and was what I had to look forward to as I went through the treatment. Although there are some promising signs of improvement from the treatment, I have just started more ongoing immunosuppressive medications, and I still need the intravenous nutrition at the moment. As this adventure is only for a month, we have managed to fit all my medical stock and supplies on board 'Bridget', so we won't need any pick-up's along the way, which makes it much easier for us to be flexible. 'Bridget' has had a few repairs from the last trip, and new tyres too and hopefully she will behave. She still hides the red dirt from last year, and it seems to emerge from everywhere, no matter how much you clean (a lifetime reminder of the fun we had on that trip, that will stay with us and 'Bridget' forever)!
This trip will be an approximately 10,000km round trip to Nhulunbuy in East Arnhem Land, Northern Territory. So we hope you enjoy travelling with us as we are 'Taking the scenic route to the Beach!'

No comments:
Post a Comment